Nobody has asked why I chose the blog name, Twain Wannabe. But if they did, this would be my response.
I love Mark Twain quotes. I love that he has failed at many things in his life. I love that ‘Mark Twain’ is not, in fact, his real name. However, the truth is that most blog titles at blogspot.com were already taken, including bloggityblogblog. So I had to settle for something else. It is not all bad. I mean, Mark Twain and I do have a lot in common. Here is a list:
1. Mark Twain was an American author and humorist. I would like to become an American author, but would also accept a status as a Canadian author. I like moose.
2. Twain lacked financial acumen. I don’t know what acumen means, so I possibly ‘lack’ it.
3. Twain patented three inventions. I think inventions are cool.
4. Twain lost money on his publishing house. I just started a publishing business and with website subscription fees, am so far $15 in the hole.
5. Twain was a staunch supporter of women’s rights. I am a woman.
Thus, the Twain Wannabe blog is created. Boom.